Thursday, August 18, 2011

Apple shortcut to highlight apple icon on top left corner

Have you ever tried to select the apple icon on the top left corner using keyboard? I often use it and so started looking into finding a shortcut. I think almost 3 to 4 years back I search online for a while to find the shortcut without any success. Then I kept on pressing different keys together and finally found the shortcut. I'm sure there might be another simple shortcut but what I found was lifesaver for me. Here it is ...

<fn> + <control> +<F2>

That is pressing function, control and F2 keys together highlights the apple symbol and from there using arrow keys take you to other options like software update, restart and shutdown.

No comments:

PBS Script Generator: Interdependent dropdown/select menus in Javascript

PBS SCRIPT GENERATOR
SH/BASH TCSH/CSH
Begin End Abort

About Me

LA, CA, United States
Here I write about the battles that have been going on in my mind. It's pretty much a scribble.

Sreedhar Manchu

Sreedhar Manchu
Higher Education: Not a simple life anymore